Ciao from the beautiful city of ROMA.
This day has been a whirlwind of experiences. From traveling 9 hours on a plane and not sleeping a wink despite the groggy foggy pills that we took to enhance sleeping experience... to filling out endless paperwork while waiting in lines... to breaking our backs from the carry-ons that were 30 lbs too heavy... to experiencing the sweet feeling of walking out of the plane and seeing the green rolling hills of Rome and the mountains that were fading in the distance... to checking into our room that has a HUGE window with no screen where we can (and did) stick our faces out and yell "ROMA!" And although we have been here for less than 24 hours we have already learned much:
1. Dog poop lines the sidewalks, beware.
2. There are Pine Trees here that look like a bush on top of a fork, we call them fork trees.
3. Italian drivers do not slow down...for anyone.
4. In case of number 3 occurring, you might hear "maciana" which means "getchu out of da road"
5. We are staring beautiful and humbling experiences in the face.
For now we will say Ciao, because it is the only word we know (except for #4).